White House Summit on Covid-19 Equity and What Works Showcase
You are invited to join the White House Summit on Covid-19 Equity and What Works Showcase virtually on Wednesday, November 16th, from 12:00 PM – 5:00 PM .
RSVP for a link to the livestream of the Summit (12-3PM) and to sign up for the Virtual What Works Showcase (3:15-5PM).
A message from the White House about this event:
From his first day in office, President Biden committed to a Covid-19 response that placed equity squarely at its center. Since that time, much progress has been made in a truly whole-of-society effort to protect, support and uplift the hardest-hit and highest-risk communities in the face of this unprecedented public health threat. In particular, the efforts of organizations and collaborations in communities across the country amounts to a historic proof of concept for how—when appropriately resourced and supported—inequities in health can be minimized and eliminated with thoughtfulness, intentionality, and innovation.
While there remains much to do in pursuit of Covid-19 equity—and beyond—the White House Summit on Covid-19 Equity and What Works Showcase on November 16, 2022 highlights interventions and approaches that have moved the needle on equitable Covid-19 outcomes, and showcases a path forward. This event will convene community organizations, equity leaders, government officials and philanthropic organizations in the sharing of best practices to light the way forward. Panel discussions (described below) will be live streamed, and followed by an in-person as well as a virtual showcase featuring community organizations from across the nation and their groundbreaking work on COVID-19 equity.
The White House is joined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in hosting this event.
Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
Time: 12:00 –– 5:00 PM
WH Covid-19 Equity Summit & What Works Showcase | LIVE STREAM AVAILABLE
- 12:00 – 12:15 PM Opening Remarks
- 12:15 – 1:00 PM It All Starts With Trust
- Discussing the importance of hyper-local approaches and what has worked in building and maintaining trust in public health.
- 1:00 – 1:15 PM Break
- 1:15 – 2:00 PM The Power of Partnerships
- Discussing the importance of local leadership and share how community organizations, local, state and federal authorities, medical systems and others have worked together to provide support systems that improved COVID-19 outcomes.
- 2:00 – 2:15 PM Break
- 2:15 – 3:00 PM From Covid-19 Equity to Health Equity
- Highlighting how approaches that worked for COVID-19 are being applied more broadly, and what it will take to keep health equity at the center of recovery and post-recovery efforts.
- LIVE STREAM ENDS
- 3:15 – 5:00 PM Covid-19 Equity What Works Showcase | ZOOM
*Captioning and ASL will be provided throughout the event.
RSVP link: https://pitc.zoomgov.com/webinar/register/WN_CsigGwv8QrKUpTNN3cDAOQ
White House Office of COVID-19 Response
Urban Indian Health Institute
Equity Wellness Alliance
Border Network for Human Rights
Health Advocates In-Reach and Research
The Every Neighborhood Partnership
Center for Independent Living Florida
Mississippi State Health Department
Roots Health Center
Unidos en Salud
Maricopa Department of Public Health
Yee Ha'olnii Doo
Able South Carolina
Chicagoland Vaccine Partnership
Gap Community Center
The Wright Center for Community Health
National Healthcare for the Homeless Council
Institute for Family Health
National Health Care for the Homeless Council
Arkansas Coalition of Marshallese
MAVI Center for Independent Living
Idaho Immunization Coalition
Wabanaki Public Health & Wellness
Lantern Community Services